How and when to apply?
The procedure of applying in short:
1. You deliver (bring or send) to us some documents (see the [Required documents] section), register in our Internet system for candidates (IRK - details below) and pay the application fee (details below).
2. We look at your high school results and then organise an interview for you. For the interview, you prepare ONE book from the list which we publish on our website (see below). In case of candidates from abroad, it is possible to conduct the interview via teleconference. During the interview candidates are asked about their motivations/predispositions to study psychology, independent thinking, their future goals, and their comprehension of one of four books. The committee is made up of members of the WISP Program Board, faculty, and one student representative.
3. If you get accepted, you will have to deliver some other documents (see the [I'm in!] section).
Deadlines for 2017/18 admissions:
The procedure starts: in more or less in May, the IRK system will be open for registration from 05 June 2017 till 07 July 2017.
Interviews take place: in the first half of July. In admissions 2017/18 they are going to take place on 13, 14 and 17 July. The exact date will be assigned to the candidate by the IRK system after the application fee has been paid.
Results are posted: in mid July. In admissions 2017/18, they are going to be posted on 20 July at 14:00 on the candidate's IRK account.
Internet Registration System (IRK)
All candidates are required to register in the IRK system: www.irk.uw.edu.pl and need to specifically select the studies they apply to. This selecting of the specific studies is important, as otherwise the system does not know to which program you are applying, and cannot reserve a time for a qualification interview for you. So:
- You first need to create your own IRK account
- Then you have to find the psychology in English program and
- Register for it.
Without signing up specifically for Psychology in English, we will not see you as a candidate to our studies in the system, and as a consequence cannot process your application. The IRK will let create accounts from ca. March/April, but registration for specific fields of study will be open from 05 June. It is your IRK account where you will be able to find the exact date of the interview and results after the interview.
If you make the payment in Poland, use bank account number given in your individual registration account. Each candidate is provided with an individual bank account number, where the last 11 digits are candidate’s PESEL number (your login to the IRK system). If you make the payment abroad, use foreign currency bank account numbers available at the main Admissions Office website. This information will be also given on your individual registration account.
Books required for the interview:
- "The Noonday Demon" - Andrew Solomon (only chapters: "Depression", "Breakdowns", "Treatments", "Alternatives", "Populations")
- "The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion" - Jonathan Haidt
- "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat" - Oliver Sacks (the whole book, not just the first chapter)
Each candidate is required to choose one book from the above list. Please report your book choice to: email@example.com